Jun 05, 2023
2022-2023 Undergraduate Catalog
Program Outcomes - (HB73)
The Radiologic Technology Program prepares students to enter the imaging sciences as an educated and skilled radiographer. The program, founded on close alliances with the professional community and the use of educational technology, creates a learning environment that prepares radiographers who:
- Combine efficiency and compassion when imaging patients.
- Practice in accordance with theoretical knowledge and essential skills.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Strive for continued development as a professional.
- Commit to clinical excellence.
The following goals further support the mission statement of the Radiologic Technology Program:
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate clinical competence when performing entry level imaging procedures.
- Students will exhibit professional growth and development.
- Students will combine critical thinking & problem solving skills during the performance of imaging procedures.
- The program will graduate students with entry level skills.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate appropriate oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate personal and patient radiation protection.
- Students will accurately position patients.
- Students will demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Students will value the importance of continued professional development
- Students will select technical factors when performing non-routine radiographic procedures.
- Students will choose appropriate positioning when performing non-routine radiographic procedures.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital -A Hartford Healthcare Partner
Danbury Hospital -Western Connecticut Health Network
Diagnostic Imaging of Southbury,
Greater Waterbury Imaging Center
Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates:
West Main Street and Prospect locations
Orthopedics of New England
Trinity Health of New England -St. Mary’s Hospital