Naugatuck Valley Community College offers associate degrees, credit certificates, and non-credit certificate programs. Current non-credit certificate programs can be found by visiting www.nv.edu/nc. Curricular patterns are designed to implement the overall general and specific objectives of the College and lead to the degree or certificates indicated below.
*Becoming Connecticut State Community College
A merger of Connecticut’s 12 community colleges is underway. Connecticut State Community College (CT State), a statewide college comprised of all Connecticut’s current community college locations, plans to open its doors in the Fall 2023. Here are some important facts students need to know:
- the final commencement ceremony for Naugatuck Valley Community College is scheduled for May 2023. Ceremonies will continue to be held at each location as campuses of CT State,
- as a part of the planned merger, students continuing their studies beyond summer term 2023 will be matched with the CT State program that most closely aligns with their spring 2023 major and are offered at the Waterbury and/or Danbury locations,
- students beginning Associate degree programs in Fall 2021 should plan with their advisor/program coordinator to attend full-time if they wish to graduate prior to the planned merger,
- students who begin an Associate degree program in January 2022 would be anticipated to complete their degree at the merged college, Connecticut State Community College,
- in all cases, the College is committed to students completing their education with a minimum of disruption and staying in touch with your advisor/program coordinator is essential,
- further details can be found and will be updated on the Frequently Asked Questions page: www.ct.edu/ctstate/academics.